A man has died in the Lo Prado area of Santiago after being electrocuted by an electricity pylon. The man, identified as Miguel, was  swinging on the pylon for more than an hour when at around 4pm  his leg touched one one of the high voltagr wires. Onlookers witnessed the horrific event as Miguel received a more than 100,000 volt shock and fell more than 120 metres to the ground. One witness described his antics saying that at one point he was calling down to the crowd below for a cigarette. Police and emergency services were at the scene and had positioned an inflatable safety mattress as they had feared the worst. The acrobatics were thought to be something of a game likely fuelled by the consumption of drugs. Some readers may find the following videos distressing.

 




LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here